Did you know that an estimated 75-90% of all doctors visits are stress-related?
That is a whopping number, yet many of us know we have chronic stress in our lives, but recognize it as merely a norm and something that will eventually pass. And, even less recognize it as a serious health concern that turn your daily energy and vitality upside down.
When it comes to stress and emotional health, more and more recognition has been given to alternative ways to working through the challenges — essential oils being a major forerunner. Regardless, relatively little research is available on aromatherapy. While more studies are being done, many have already shown aromatherapy’s benefits. Of the current research, here are some of the findings:
- Aromatherapy can alter brain waves and behavior
- Aromatherapy can reduce the perception of stress, increase contentment, and decrease levels of cortisol, “the stress hormone.”
- Lavender essential oil has indeed been shown to reduce crying in infants and promote sleep in infants and adults
- Different aromatherapy scents bring different effects in people
- One study showed that aromatherapy massage can have some beneficial effects on anxiety and depression
- Massage with aromatherapy provides stronger and more continuous relief from fatigue —especially mental fatigue— than massage alone.
Click the title link above to read more and find out specific oils for specific emotional needs!